Ffestiniog Railway
Home Up

add1b.jpg (58925 bytes)

 

 

FFESTINIOG RAILWAY ROLLING STOCK

- 24" narrow gauge -

TRS2004 / TRS2006  &  T2009 / TS2010 (where stated)

 

 

 

Models by KEVIN MARTIN &

Reskins by BEN KELLY &

Some TS2009/2010 updates by BELKENN

 

 

 
 
        

(pick on thumbnail for larger picture)

 

 

The FFESTINIOG Railroad.



The Ffestiniog Railway was built in 1836 as a means of transporting slate from the Salte quarries at Blaenau Ffestiniog to the coast at Porthmadog for export around the world by ship (many being built in Porthmaddog). For many years the line was a horse drawn affair but due to the success of the railway and quarries soon struggled to cope with the rapid increase in traffic. This was overcome by the introduction of 4 Steam locomotives in 1863 (Princess, Prince, Mountaineer and Palmerston). This was the first use of steam power on a 2ft gauge line. Steam hauled passenger trains were introduced soon after in the same year. The line continued to be succesful and in a short time again struggled to cope with the traffic. This was solved by the introduction of an articualted locomotive, the double fairlie type loco "Little Wonder". This, again, was a first for the railway being the first successful articualted loco built. As Traffic increased more locos were aquired, the last few actually being built at the Railways Boston Lodge works.

Slowly, the slate traffic began to decline, followed by the number of passengers. An association with the nearby Welsh Higland Railway in the 1920's-30's did not help matters. Passenger trains finally ceased at the start of World War II in 1939.The railway limped on through the war as a slate carrier, but finally closed in 1946.

Following the succesful pioneering preservation activities on the nearby Talyllyn Railway in 1951, attention was turned to the Ffestiniog and this was reopened by enthusiasts in 1954. Since then the railway has been very succesful and is one of the leading Tourist attractions in Wales. The Ffestiniog is also responsibile for the rebuilding of the nearby Welsh Highland railway which should link up with the Ffestiniog rly at Porthmadog in 2009.
 

Kevin Martin

 

 

 

 

Models by Kevin Martin

All models can be used  in TRAINZ TRS2004 and TRS2006

(Some TS2009/TS2010 updates by Belkenn)

(pick on thumbnail for larger picture)

 

 

Locomotives .....

Wagons / Coaches .....

 

 

 

 
Steam engine sounds

Steam engine sounds file required for the following steam locomtoives
bullet
Merddin Emrys,
bullet
WHR Garratt 143
bullet
Moel Tryfan,
bullet
Linda, Blanche,
bullet
Welsh Pony, Little Giant.
bullet
Prince, Palmerston
bullet
Stanhope,
bullet
Taliesin

 

STEAM DOWNLOAD TS2004/06

steam_sound_files_for_festiniog_railway_locos.cdp  (3.5 Mb)

required for TRS2004 & TRS2006

 

STEAM DOWNLOAD TS2009/10

ffestiniog_rly_soundfile.cdp  (3.5 Mb)

required for TRS2009 & TRS2010 ONLY

 

 

 

hunslett _locomotive_lilla.cdp  (1.7 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

 

lilla.cdp  (1.7 Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

 

Lilla

Lilla was built in 1891 by the Hunslett Engine Company for use at the Cilgwyn Quarries near Nantlle, North Wales. She was sold to the Penrhyn quarry in 1928 where she worked until 1955. Lilla can now be found working on the Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog, North Wales.

 

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_locomotives_linda_and_blanche.cdp  (2.4 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

(TRS2004/06 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

blanche&linda.cdp (3.2Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

(TS2009/10 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

 

Ffestiniog Rly Locomotives Linda and Blanche

This is a representation of the Locomotive "Linda" as used on the Ffestiniog Rly, Porthmadog, North Wales.

In 1962 the FR faced an engine crisis among its own stock, and hired Hunslet-built 0-4-0 saddle tank Linda from the Penrhyn Quarries, which had recently closed its railway from the quarries at Bethesda to Port Penrhyn, Bangor, on the North Wales coast. Built in 1893, Linda was developed from the design of Charles (1882), a close relative of locomotives built for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway in India; thus it is hardly surprising that the engine proved well suited to the FR. Linda was fitted with a new boiler in 1936.

By the end of 1963 the FR had purchased both Linda and sister engine Blanche from Penrhyn. The two engines have undergone extensive modifications to make them ideal Ffestiniog workhorses; today they are superheated (by Hunslet in 1969), oil-fired (1971) 2-4-0 saddle tanks with tenders carrying fuel.

In May 1993 the FR held a three-day Gala to celebrate the Ladies' centenary. Linda re-entered traffic after overhaul in October 1996, temporarily in Penrhyn black livery. For the October 1996 Vintage Weekend Linda ran without a tender.

Blanche is Linda's sister from the Penrhyn Quarry Railway, and like Linda was built in 1893 by Hunslet of Leeds, and re-boilered in 1955 She arrived on the Ffestiniog Railway in 1963, a year after her sister.

Since her arrival, Blanche has been fitted with piston valves and a front pony truck to improve her weight distribution and riding qualities (1972), and was given a new tender with half cab in 1965.

After a major chassis overhaul, Blanche spent much of 1999 based at the Welsh Highland Railway (Caernarfon), but has returned to the FR and was in steam again after boiler repairs. She will be in service for the 2002 season, before being withdrawn for major 10 year overhaul.

 

 

welsh_pony_little giant.cdp  (2.8 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

(TRS2004/06 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

welsh_pony.cdp  (2.01Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

(TS2009/10 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

 

2ft Gauge Ffestiniog Locomotives "Welsh Pony & Little Giant"

Built by George England, in 1867, Welsh Pony is an enlargement of the original four Festiniog engines, and were saddle tanks from the start; the earlier engines were rebuilt to similar condition.

Welsh Pony last worked in the 1930s, her boiler being condemned in 1938. Previously, she had received major overhauls in 1891 and 1915. Today the engine is named bilingually, with a Merlen Cymreig nameplate on one side. Welsh Pony was mounted on a plinth outside Porthmadog Harbour station, but has been recently removed for a little 'TLC', and is now stored under cover to prevent further deterioration of her superstructure.
The locomotive is depicted as running in the early 1930's, with a blue livery.

Built by George England, in 1867, Little Giant is an enlargement of the original four Festiniog engines, and was as a saddle tank engine from the start; the earlier Englan engines were rebuilt to similar condition. Little Giant last worked in the 1932.
 
 

britomart.cdp  (1.4 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

 

Britomart

Britomart was built by the Hunslet Engine Company, Leeds in 1899 for the Pen-yr-Orsedd Quarry, North Wales. In 1965 Britomart was bought for preservation and was first steamed on the FR in July 1966.



A major overhaul has just been completed (2007) and Britomart visited the WHR(C) where it attended the "Join In" Weekend on September 2007.

 
 

 

ffestiniog_railway_locomotive_mary_ann.cdp  (0.6 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

 

maryann.cdp (0.86 Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

 
Ffestiniog Railway Locomotive Mary Ann

Mary Ann was the first loco to work on the revived Ffestiniog Railway in 1954. Mary Ann is a Simplex, built by Motor Rail of Bedford in 1917 for service in World War 1, and is one of a small number of survivors from that conflict. She was purchased for the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways in 1923, and worked mainly as a shunting engine.

In 1955 Mary Ann hauled the first passenger services on the reopened FR. A member of the engineering fleet she was outclassed by later and more modern additions to the diesel stable, but her historic importance was not forgotten and in the 1990's she was given a major overhaul, and returned to her earlier appearance. The loco is modelled as she would have appereared in the mid 1960's

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_loco_merddin_emrys.cdp  (0.7 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

(TRS2004/06 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

merrddin_emrys.cdp (1.0Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

(TS2009/10 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

 

Ffestiniog Rly loco Merddin Emrys

The name is the Welsh equivalent of Merlin, and continues the bardic tradition started with Taliesin. Merddin was built in the FR's own Boston Lodge workshops, an indication of the maturity the FR had reached. Merddin has been one of the FR's mainstays for more than a century, and has changed shape with successive rebuilds, major overhauls / rebuilds being undertaken in 1895, 1921, 1934, 1961 and 1970. Its appearance as seen here dates from a sponsored rebuild completed in 1988; earlier manifestations since the FR was saved were less pleasing, and reflected the fact that the loco, the last Fairlie in service on the old FR, had been left where it stood in 1946, and had deteriorated so badly that much had to be replaced. The engine was converted to oil firing in 1972 and back to coal firing in 2007.

 

 

 

nwngr_locomotive_moel_tryfan.cdp  (1.3 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

(TRS2004/06 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

moel_tryfan.cdp (1.34Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

(TS2009/10 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )


NWNGR Locomotive Moel Tryfan

This is a representation of the NWNGR Locomotive "Moel Tryfan". Built in 1875 (along with sister engine "Snowdon Ranger") by the Vulcan Foundry for use on the North Wales Narrow Gauge Railway. It was a single Fairlie 0-6-4 design. By 1917 both engines were in very poor condition and the railway was not in the position to be able to replace them. The problem was solved by combining the best parts of both engines to make a "new" engine. This engine retained the name Moel Tryfan. In 1923 it became part of the WHR fleet and in 1924 it was cut down to enable it to run on the Ffestiniog Rly. It ran in this condition until 1936 when it was taken into Boston Lodge for repairs (which were never carried out). Eventually, in 1954, the remaining parts of the locomotive were scrapped.

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_locomotive_prince.cdp  (1.4 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

 

Ffestiniog Rly locomotive Prince

This is a representation of the Locomotive "Prince" which can be found on the narrow gauge Ffestiniog Railway
based at Porthmadog, North Wales. It was built in 1863 and was the first (alongside sister engine Princess) 2ft gauge steam loco built. It is possibly one of the oldest steam locomotives in the world still regularly working.
The model depicts Prince as currently running.

 

 

 

 

kerr stuart & co locomotive stanhope.cdp  (1.1 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

(TRS2004/06 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

stanhope.cdp (1.7Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

(TS2009/10 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

 

Kerr Stuart & Co locomotive Stanhope

Stanhope was manufactured in 1917 by Kerr Stuart & Co. It was used for the construction of the Royal Dockyard at Rossyth and afterwards also the Sidcup bypass. It was bought, in 1930, by the Durham County Water Board. It was used on the Weardale reservoir contract, gaining the name "Stanhope" from a local village. It then travelled to Penrhyn Quarry in North Wales in 1934. Here it worked until 1948 when it became worn out. Here it remained until it was bought for presevation in 1966. After many years the loco was finally returned to working order by Alan Keef ltd. Ross on Wye.
The aim is to operate the locomotive at the new site of the Moseley Railway Trust, however in the meantime it is based at the West Lancashire Light Railway at Hesketh Bank, where it arrived on 20th November 1999.

 

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_locos_prince_palmerston.cdp  (2.8 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

(TRS2004/06 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

 

Ffestiniog Rly locos Prince_Palmerston

This is a representation of the Ffestiniog Rly Locomotives' No2 "Prince" and No 4 "Palmerston" as used on the narrow gauge Ffestiniog Rly, Porthmadog, North Wales. They were originally built in 1863/64 by George England & Co. Prince is depicted as running in the mid 1950's.

his is a representation of the Ffestiniog Rly Locomotive No 4 "Palmerston" as used on the narrow gauge Ffestiniog Rly, Porthmadog, North Wales. It was originally built in 1864 by George England & Co. It was finally withdrawn from service in 1940 when it used by the old FR as a stationary boiler. The engine was bought by a group of enthusiasts in the 1970s with a view to restoration to working order. Palmerston eventually returned to steam in 1993. Palmerston is still coal-fired and the engine is treated more as a working museum piece rather than a loco for regular use.

 

 

 

 

ffestiniog_railway_locomotive_taliesin.cdp  (1.0 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

(TRS2004/06 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

taliesin.cdp (1.35Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

(TS2009/10 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

 

Ffestiniog Railway Locomotive Taliesin

Ffestiniog Railway supporters long regretted the disappearance of the Single Fairlie from FR metals, and their support has led to the successful project to build a replacement Taliesin, as a Single Fairlie along the lines of today's FR Double Fairlies, and incorporating some parts surviving from the original; on the basis of this the FR regards the "new" loco as a rebuild of the first Taliesin. The pattern of funding by covenant over a number of years has been followed by other groups building new steam engines, notably the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust - where the Ffestiniog leads, others follow! The rebuilt loco was officially "born" in March 1996, when volunteers erected its mainframe. Taliesin was first steamed on April 11th 1999, and had its public launch at the May 1999 Gala, where it was the star attraction, even though a few details were not yet complete, and there had been no time to apply the lined red livery.

The loco's first use after this was on Guest Driver duties, followed by a relaunch, complete and in full livery, at the October 1999 Vintage Weekend. Uniquely among FR locos, Taliesin is designed to be converted straightforwardly to run on coal instead of its usual oil fuel, and the authentic effect of the loco was completed by the coal in the bunker at the Vintage Weekend.

Following an extended period in the works for the completion of various items, Taliesin entered public passenger service in late August 2000, on the summer vintage Porthmadog to Tan-y-Bwlch trains.

 

 

 

 

welsh highland rly garratt no 143.zip  (1.8 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

(TRS2004/06 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

whr_garratt.cdp (2.63Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

(TS2009/10 Steam File download is also required - see top of page )

 

Welsh Highland Rly NGG16 Garratt no 143

The NGG16 class 2-6-2+2-6-2 Beyer-Garratts built for work in South Africa are amongst the most powerful steam locomotives ever built for 2' gauge. Three NGG16s are now in Wales, all from the same batch built by Beyer Peacock in 1958. Closure of some 2' gauge lines in South Africa, together with dieselisation of others, means that a considerable quantity of rolling stock and other material has come onto the market there. The WHR Project has taken full advantage of this situation. However the Transnet Heritage Foundation in South Africa has now placed a ban on further steam exports, meaning that the railway may not be able to acquire nos. 139 and 142 at a later date, as had been planned; however it is understood that the ban only applies to unique survivors of a class, which should not apply to the NGG16. Fortunately other suitable motive power has been purchased in the meantime, in the form of two NG15 locos which were already in the UK.

The contract to supply and overhaul the first two NGG16s for the WHR, nos. 138 and 143, went to the Alfred County Railway in South Africa. No. 143 was the last Garratt built by the Manchester firm, and will make an interesting comparison with pioneer K1. No. 138 was steamed in March 1996, with no.143 following over the summer. These NGG16s have been converted from coal to oil firing, necessary in view of the risk of starting lineside fires, particularly where the line will pass through Forestry Commission land.

 

 

 

vale_of_ffestiniog.cdp  (0.6 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

 

vale_of_ffestiniog 2.cdp (0.65Mb)

TS2009 / TS2010 update

 

Vale of Ffestiniog

This locomotive a 335 HP turbo-charged diesel-hydraulic B-B built by Funkey of South Africa. Very much more powerful than previous FR internal combustion units, the Funkey provides an attraction in its own right as well as reserve power able to handle the heaviest trains. The original body was, however, far too large for the FR loading gauge, and as a result the loco has received a new body with a cab at each end. Work on this was done with the generous support of National Power (now Innogy). The FR's loco carries a livery similar to the Class 59's operated by the National Power Rail Unit at Ferrybridge for the transport of coal and limestone to power stations, while the name Vale of Ffestiniog is in keeping with the names carried by the National Power locos, as well as denoting the valley through which part of the FR runs. The transformation of the Funkey into Vale of Ffestiniog was the main part of the FR's participation in the 1997 Year of Engineering Success campaign.

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_loco_moelwyn.cdp  (0.7 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

 

 

Ffestiniog Rly loco Moelwyn

Built by Baldwin of Philadelphia in 1918, Moelwyn was made for service in WW1 for the French Army. She was purchased second hand in 1925 for use on the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways. In the early revival years, Moelwyn was re-engined from petrol to diesel and was a valuable mainstay both on engineering trains and as a back up passenger locomotive. Carrier wheels were added at the front, making Moelwyn a 2-4-0 and a more stable runner. The loco returned to the FR in August 1998 after a lengthy restoration in England, and now forms part of the Railway's heritage fleet. Her name was derived from a typical FR play on words, "Moelwyn" being the name of the mountain rising north of Tan y Bwlch; Moel means bare hill, but can be read as bald, so FR "Welsh" gives the translation of Baldwin!

 

 

 

criccieth_castle_v2_(ffestiniog rly).cdp  (0.9 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

 

Criccieth Castle

Criccieth Castle is the youngest of the diesel locomotive fleet. An 0-6-0, she was built at Boston Lodge from parts bought from Baguley - Drewry, although much was built new. The superstructure was designed "in House". Entering service in 1995, the loco sees regular service in the passenger fleet, and is fitted with advanced computer controls which enables the use of the push-pull system. This allows the engine to remain at the top end of the train on "down" services, being driven from a cab in observation carr. no. 111.

 

 

 

ffestiniog_railway_vale_of_ffestiniog.cdp  (1.1 Mb)

reskin by Tony (tmz06003)

tested in TRS2004 and TS2010

 

 
Vale of Ffestiniog diesel

This rework of Vale of Ffestiniog is phototextured, based of photos taken by tmz06003 at Porthmadog in 2011.

A sub mesh has been built by tmz06003 which allows the following enhancements:

bulletA toggled lampmode control script. To turn the high intensity headlights on, right click or CTRL+right click (depending on which
bulletTrainz version you are running) the loco and select view details. The class 03 html pop-up will then appear. select Mainline mode to switch
bulletthe headlights on and shunting mode to return to marker and tail lights only.
bulletDriver that changes ends.
bulletWorking exhaust.
bulletRebuild plaques.
bulletLower bodyside grille.
bulletThe main bodyside air intake grille is now see-through, and a new grille louvre assembly has been built inside.
bulletA new shadow has also been added.

Note that some additional dependencies will be needed from the DLS, particularly the cab and the class 60 enginesound.

Original work by Kevin Martin. Reskin and gmax sub mesh by tmz06003 with permission.

Tested in TRS2004 and TRS2010 without errors.

Thanks to Chris (Nawlins) for beta testing the loco.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ffestiniog_railway_brakevan_no_2.cdp  (0.2 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Railway Brakevan no 2

This is a representation of Brake Van No 2 as used on the 2 ft gauge Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog , North Wales.
 

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_wood_slate_wagon(ind).cdp  (0.2 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly Wood Slate Wagon(ind)

For use with Trainz 2004 + SP2 update only

This is a representation of a typical 2 ton wooden slate wagon as used on the Ffestiniog Railway. This is a Trainz 2004 industry compatible model and suitable for use with the new multiple industry facility available with the SP2 update.

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_coach_no_1.cdp  (0.5 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly Coach no 1

Built in 1996 by the FR Co. at Boston Lodge, No. 1 is a replica semi-open, single compartment coach with knife board seats, incorporating parts from an earlier vehicle which ran until 1970 as semi-open No. 6. That vehicle has now been rebuilt to original, enclosed, first class condition and numbered 2, the discarded components being used in this replica. It was repainted in 2002 in the 1920's Col. Stevens livery.

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_gunpowder_van.cdp  (0.2 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly Gunpowder Van

This is a representation of the vans used to transport gunpowder on the 2ft gauge Ffestiniog Railway from Porthmadog to the slate quarries.

 
 

 

ffestiniog_rly_open_coal_wagons.cdp  (0.5 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Railway Open Coal Wagons

This is a representation of an early style coal wagons as used on the 2 ft gauge Ffestiniog Rly at Porthmadog, North Wales. Both loaded and unloaded are depicted.

 

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_carriages_37_and_38.cdp  (1.1mb)

 

Carriages 37 and 38

The file consists of representations of both Ffestiniog Rly carriages 37 and 38. Built in 1971 they are all 3rd class and have a seating capacity of 32. They are both depicted as currently running (2005). 37 is depicted in the standard maroon and cream livery and 38 is depicted in the 1950's green and ivory livery.
 

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_4_wheel_coachs_(set_a).cdp (0.7 Mb)

TRS2004 / TRS2006

 

DOWNLOAD 22b (flying bench)

 

the_flying_bench.cdp (0.24Mb)

TRS2009 and TRS2010 update

 

Ffestiniog Railway 4-wheeled coaches (pack a)

These are a representation of Coaches No's 2,3 and the "The Flying Bench" as currently running on the Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog, North Wales. They were built in 1863/64 and were the first narrow gauge passenger carriages in the world.

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_coach_nos_17_and_18.cdp  (0.4 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly Coach nos 17 and 18

This is a representation of the 2ft gauge Bogie Coaches No's 17 & 18 as used on the Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog , North Wales. They were built in 1876 by Brown, Marshalls and were designed by G.P. Spooner. They are depicted in the current preservation livery of maroon and lt cream.

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_coach_no_15.cdp  (0.4mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly coach no 15

This is a representation of coach no 15 as currently running on the Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog, North Wales.
No's 15 was built in 1872 to a design by C.E. Spooner. They were first iron framed bogie coaches to be used in the United Kingdom (and possibly the world). No 15 has recently been restored to it's original splendid Victorian condition with the help of the Heritage Lottery Fund.

This coach is SP2 compatible and features opening carriage doors and passengers

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_coach_no_18_(victorian_livery).cdp  (0.7 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly Coach no 18 (Victorian Livery)

This is a representation of Bogie Coaches No 18 as used on the Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog , North Wales. They were built in 1876 by Brown, Marshalls and were designed by G.P. Spooner. This coach has just been restored ( September 2003) to it's original Victorian condition.
 

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_coach_no_16.cdp  (0.3 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly Coach No 16

This is a representation of coach no 16 as currently running on the Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog, North Wales. No 16 was built in 1872 (alongside coach no 15) to a design by C.E. Spooner. It was first iron framed bogie coaches to be used in the United Kingdom (and possibly the world). No 16 has recently been restored to it's original splendid 1930's condition with the help of the Heritage Lottery Fund.

 

 

 

ffestiniog_railway_no_20_bogie_coach.cdp  (0.4 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Railway No 20 Bogie Coach

This is a representation of Bogie Coach No 20 as used on the Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog , North Wales. They were built in 1876 by the Glouster Wagon co. and were designed by G.P. Spooner. This coach is depicted in it's 1930's livery as currently running on the railway (2004).

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_coach_no_100.cdp  (0.7 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly coach no 100

You must already have coach 118 installed for this coach to operate correctly.

This is a representation of observation coach no 100 as running on the Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog, North Wales.
No 100 was built in 1965 by the Ffestiniog Railway in their Boston Lodge works. It has a capacity of 18 seats, all 1st Class

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_coach_no_118.cdp  (0.3 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly Coach no 118

This is a representation of coach no 118 as currently running on the 2ft gauge Ffestiniog Railway at Porthmadog, North Wales.
No 118 was built in 1977 by the Ffestiniog Railway in their Boston Lodge Works.

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_coach_no_122.cdp  (0.4 Mb)

 

Ffestiniog Rly Coach No 122

Coach 122 looks rather different to our other rolling stock as it is designed to conform to various new health and safety regulations. The coach has considerably more headroom with high backed seats for a safer and comfier ride, and high visibility handrails designed in such a way, that in the case of sudden movemen. The coach also makes use of a new up to date secondary suspension system, enhancing the passengers ride still further.

 

 

 

ffestiniog_rly_passenger_brakevan_no_1.cdp  (0.4 Mb)

 
Ffestiniog Rly Passenger Brakevan No 1

Please note that this is for use with TRS2004 +SP2 only.

Three passenger bogie brake vans were built for the railway between 1873 and 1875. They were unusual in having a "curly" roof outline. They consisted of a brake and baggage compartment as well as having a compartment for dogs. No 1 (this model) was built in April 1873
and was scrapped in 1921. No 2 was rebuilt in 1921 with 2 passenger compartments and is still in use today as coach 10. No 3 survived until the closure of the railway.

 

 

 

 

Reskins by Ben Kelly

All models can be used  in TRAINZ TRS2004 and TRS2006 unless otherwise noted

(pick on thumbnail for larger picture)

 

 

Locomotives .....

Wagons / Coaches .....

 

 

 

 

 

BK-diesels.cdp (2.5 Mb)

 

Diesels

This pack contains representations of 'Vale of Ffestiniog', as currently running in two-tone BR livery; 'Criccieth Castle' as running since its repaint in 2007; and 'Harlech Castle', the railway's principal works locomotive. Some artistic license is required here as 'Harlech Castle' and 'Criccieth Castle' are related but not actually identical.

 

 

 

BK-ladies.cdp  (7.7Mb) (TRS2004 and TRS2006)

 

 
Ladies

This pack contains representations of 'Linda' and 'Blanche' at earlier stages in their FR careers; namely as an 0-4-0ST in black Penrhyn livery and mismatched tender, and as a green 0-4-0ST. The pack contains the same models for both Linda and Blanche.

 

 

 

BK-englands.cdp  (12.8 Mb)

 
Englands

This pack contains FR no.1 'Princess' built in 1863, an unpowered 'scrap' England engine model, and several different liveries for 'Prince'. These are Edwardian as worn c1910, green 1960s livery and red 1980s livery.

 
 

 

BK-merddins.cdp  (4.6 Mb)

 
Merddins

These are two representations of Double Fairlie Merddin Emrys, one as the loco appeared i a run down state at closure in 1946 and the other after overhaul in 1963.

 

 

 

BK-LT.cdp  (5.6 Mb)

 

LT

This pack contains representations of the fourth double fairlie locomotive to be built for the FR in 1886. This engine was first named 'Livingston Thompson' until 1932 when it was renamed 'Taliesin' (the original Single Fairlie of this name having been scrapped at about this time). It was under repair when the railway closed in 1946 but was restored for service with the preserved railway in 1956. In 1961 it was renamed again to 'Earl of Merioneth' (not to be confused with the 1979 new double Fairlie of the same name) but was withdrawn in 1971 to be replaced by the new build Fairlie of the same name in 1979. The body languished about the FR until 1988 when it was cosmetically restored for display purposes. it also regained the original name 'Livingston Thompson' at this time. It is currently on static display at the NRM in York.

The pack includes a 'Livingston Thompson', 'Taliesin' and 'Earl of Merioneth' model.

 

 

 

BK-fairlies.cdp  (6.1 Mb)

 

Fairlies

A representation of 'James Spooner', the second Double Fairlie to be built for the FR. The locomotive is depicted in a condition sometime after 1887 when a cab was fitted.

A representation of David Lloyd George, the railway's newest Double Fairlie built in 1992. The loco is depicted as currently running.

A representation of the Single Fairlie Taiesin as it rolled out of the erecting shop in 1999 painted in unlined black livery.

 

 

 

 

BK-ngg16s.cdp  (7.6 Mb)

 
NGG16s

This pack contains a representation of NGG16 Garratt 138 as currently running on the Welsh Highland Railway, NGG16 87 with WHR branding as outshopped in January 2009 and 87 unbranded as delivered to Dinas in March 2009.

87 was built in 1936 in Belgium, one of the first batch of NGG16s to be built, as developed from the earlier NGG13 class. 87 spent its working life in South Africa and was left to rot like so many NGG16s when its line closed down. It came to the UK in 1998 and arrived on the WHR in 2006. It was restored from derelict condition at Boston Lodge and was outshopped in January 2009, joining its sisters 138 and 143 at Dinas in March.

138 was built in 1958 and also worked in South Africa. It entered service on the newly built WHR in 1997 and was painted in its current livery in 2001.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BK-10scarrs.cdp (1.9 Mb)

 

10scarrs

A representation of Ffestiniog Railway carriages 3, 16, 20 and van 1 as they were painted during the Edwardian Period and also during the 80s. Carriage 37 is included although it wasn't around in the Edwardian period but it was in the 80s.

 

 

 

BK-30scarrs.cdp  (1.2 Mb)

 

30scarrs

A representation of Ffestiniog/Welsh Highland carriages 3, 25 and Van 2 as they appeared during the 1930s when the two railways were under the management of Colonel HF Stephens.

 

 

 

BK-50scarrs.cdp  (0.6 Mb)

 

50scarrs

A representation of Ffestiniog Railway carriages 17 and 3 as they appeared in the 50s and 60s when such carriages were often used as part of the 'Flying Flea' service.

 

 

 

BK-10011880s.cdp (0.8 Mb)

 

10011880s

A representation of carriages 100 and 118 as they appeared in the late 70s and 80s in maroon livery.

 

 

 

Bk-victcarrs.cdp  (0.7 Mb)

 

Victcars

A representation of Carriage 19 as currently running in Victorian Livery, and also a representation of the original passenger brake vans as built in 1873 in original livery.

 

 

 

BK-newcarrs.cdp  (0.6mb)

 

Newcarrs

A representation of a Ffestiniog Railway modern carriage in a livery as carried by ones on the Welsh Highland Railway, and in the 'enhanced' livery carried by recently built or refurbished carriages on the Ffestiniog Railway both with and without side panels

 

 

 

BK-pushpull.cdp (0.85 Mb)

 

Pushpull

A representation of the push/pull carriages on the Ffestiniog Railway as built in the early 1990s and in their original green and cream livery. The observation carriage is used as a driving trailer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hit Counter visits to this page

 

Send mail to mjsutton@xtra.co.nz with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright 2002 Sirgibby's TrainZone